Prophecy-Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Prophecy-Forum

Helbreath-Prophecy-Forums

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

odd issue tonight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rah
Stone-Golem

odd issue tonight Empty
PostSubject: odd issue tonight   odd issue tonight EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:15 am

I was logged in and i got a crash , well since this odd disconnect I can't load any hb server , and google won't load either and nothing I have done is working
Back to top Go down
marleythe9
Admin

odd issue tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd issue tonight   odd issue tonight EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:24 pm

sounds like a DNS problem. this is not a client issue all tho if your DNS was having issues it could possibly cause the client to crash and unable to connect to HB server. because the client does use a Domain Redirect name to connect to server (this is so if ip ever changes it can be fixed/updated without a new client).

well in other words it is your ISP or DHCP server if you have it as a static DNS server.

with alot of the newer Web Browsers it will save the websites like hbprophecy.x90x.net and use its cached information making it seem like web domain names are working but your browser was just smart enough to save it.

you internet works but its does not sound like it is resolving Domain names to IP address. (main function of DNS)
Back to top Go down
http://hbprophecy.ddns.net
Rah
Stone-Golem

odd issue tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd issue tonight   odd issue tonight EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:11 pm

I have no idea what caused it but it was an odd problem. It was like a domino effect. HB logged me out , google stopped working on firefox ( but would on IE ) , then IE would not work , then facebook stopped working , 2 days later all is fine and running ... very odd
Back to top Go down
marleythe9
Admin

odd issue tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd issue tonight   odd issue tonight EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:52 am

if it happens again. go to your command prompt, do ipconfig / ping your gateway address and DNS address

if your gateway fails this means there is a problem between most likely you and your local router.

if your DNS fails then its your DNS and really there could be multiple reasons why this fails. DNS is usually provided by your ISP DHCP server.

if DNS fails i would try power cycle your router (Power it off then back online) - this will update your router with ISP DHCP (there is another way but this is easiest)

if it continues after a power cycle then another solution can be to statically assign it. -you could use the google DNS if yours is down IP: (8.8.8.Cool.

but if you lose internet completely after restarting your router then ISP is having issues with there DHCP server. (DHCP provides you with a working IP address for their network - and other useful information like (Gateway), and (DNS))
Back to top Go down
http://hbprophecy.ddns.net
Sponsored content

odd issue tonight Empty
PostSubject: Re: odd issue tonight   odd issue tonight Empty

Back to top Go down

odd issue tonight
Page 1 of 1