HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

"Advanced" Assassin weapons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sky
Slime

PostSubject: "Advanced" Assassin weapons   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:43 pm

I suppose this is between a suggestion and a request, but one of my issues with assassin as it's been is the lack of a DK short sword or short blades of a unique variety(rare drops etc)
currently the "best" weapon an assassin can use is a master duel blade, which even made ancient and given a few xel stones, is pretty well underpowered when considering warriors and mages (I'd say assassin is pretty well balanced with archer, except short swords have a range of 1, and archers have no such limitations) I'm not asking or suggesting something to rival the blood negotiator or intimidator, as that would be completely out of proportion given the assassins 50% double hit (assuming a 200 chr build) but even a DK Gladius with base damage of 5d3 (slightly higher average than a master duel blade i think) with the +15 from majestics possible would help immensely with pvm, or have something equivalent to the steel bow as a drop from werewolves (a dagger of some sort with similarly balanced pvp/pvm damage)

I don't know if this ever came up, I meant to mention it back when you first put assassins in, but something always distracted me, and I don't remember if anyone else really tried assassins. I think it's a fantastic class, but when players are so few at the moment, it's difficult for this class to level and even more so to hunt even werewolves when forced to solo given such the weapon choices for short swords (in no way am I requesting/suggesting the assassin damage/double hit be extended to fencing, would be a pretty unfair advantage over mages/archers given the crit range)

Would gladly elaborate on anything I've made unclear, let me know your thoughts and reasons for whatever your decision regarding this.
Thanks for reading.

P.S. Oh, and any chance of an assassin helm? I don't believe we can wear the archer cowls, and the "helmet" gets a little old in the end Razz also, I don't know if there already is, but a hero chain mail? would be nice for archers as well, though requiring the build to change to gain that extra bit of strength for the full hero set damage bonus works fine too, just a thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marleythe9
Admin

PostSubject: Re: "Advanced" Assassin weapons   Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:45 am

Thank you Sky for the post and information.
I am Aware of this and i have been planning on adding new items for assassins.
This will be put on top of my to do list.

sorry for the late reply.

i do very much appreciate post like these.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://hbprophecy.ddns.net
Sky
Slime

PostSubject: Re: "Advanced" Assassin weapons   Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Not a problem Smile glad the server is back up, though I've not had much chance to get on this week.
also; love the new forum look
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Advanced" Assassin weapons   

Back to top Go down

"Advanced" Assassin weapons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1